Hey everyone! My second card for today, and also the second one for the Play Date Cafe Challenge, so if you want to see my first one please click over here 🙂
This handmade card I also thought to ‘target’ towards guys, from young boys to boy friends or boyfriends, to husbands, to dads and grand dads! It’s blue and yet has a bright yellow to it, which I like.. Masculine cards don’t always have to be dull colours, right? 😀
Tip: Don’t have matching buttons for the colours you are using? I have a tip that I just made up today LOL! First, you need a Copic marker (or any other permanent market) that matchs or coordinates with the ink colour, a white/cream button, clear embossing powder (fine grain!) and a heat gun.
1. Colour button with marker, if it has grooves/designs you don’t have to get into all the nooks and crannies.
2. Allow to dry for, in my case, like 20 seconds because I have no patience LOL – I found that with Copics, even after it has dried, it still feels tacky on the button; I suppose it’s because it’s not made really for colouring on plastic.
3. Dump button into the clear embossing powder and make sure the top and sides of button are covered with the powder. Tackiness from the Copics will let the embossing powder stick.
4. Pick up button from embossing powder container with some tweezers and put it on a heat-safe surface, using the tip of tweezer to make sure button won’t fly around while being heated (believe me, it will!).
5. Blast it until all powder melts but don’t overdo it. Beware: button will be VERY HOT so leave it to cool first before working with it
6. Tadah!! Buttons coloured to your choice and all sealed in!
I love my self-coloured buttons! ^_^
Thanks for visiting! xx Stephinka
The Play Date Cafe – Challenge #118
Top Tip Tuesday – Challenge 69 Valentine’s and Tipper Week
Crafty Ribbons Challenge – ONE FOR THE MEN or BOYS
Digi Doodle Shop Challenges – Challenge #94 – One For The Boys
Hotshot Craft – Challenge #4 – One for the boys
Crazy4Challenges – C4C123 Sketch
Stars and Stamps Midweek Throwdown – VCMP Challenge #5: It’s a Party! Birthday Cards
Fun With Shapes and More – Challenge #102 Birthday
Sassy Studio Designs – Dare to be Sassy Thursday #111
If The Shoe Fits… Scrap it! – FF#99 Anything Goes